Lazada Philippines

22.8.07

Lowdown On My 'Monkey Business'


If you have been noticing some funny goings-on over at my MyBlogLog's home page for CommonSense With Markk, please keep your cool.

I've been asked why some of my postings kept on repeating themselves under the
Lastest Content column for RSS feed.

For example, you can see that my latest post "Rumblings About Guest Blogging" is showing up three times, and the posting before it, "It's The Year of Blog Re-Design!," is giving you double vision!


Okay, let's cut down to the chase. Here's the lowdown.


Firstly, let us understand that I'm not spamming my ownself or anyone for that matter. I'm sure you have seen worst in the MyBlogLog message column.


The heart of the matter is this: I've been making or rather re-configuring my blog's RSS feed and re-jigging a number of other things that relate to this site. I've moved from Blog.spot to my own domain name.


I must admit I'm not a technical genius like some of you clever bloggers. So I'm not sure whether I've done right or wrong in my tweaking. I pray everything will turn out hunky dory though.


I've also gone nutty with my tweaking at my secondary blog
The NextPost. Talk about itchy fingers and all that!

Why all this sudden monkey business? Preparing for Blogging Armageddon?


Don't panic! The reason: I'm preparing my blogs before the Google PageRank hurricane hits. It's good that there's still no sign of it yet. But better make hay while the sun shines!


And just a little hint: I've been busy trying to set up a couple of blogs over at everybody's favorite haunt - WordPress. Talk about some bloggers leaning solely on WordPress and others banking their hopes on Bloggers.


I'm all for both - 50% here, 50% there. And never the twine shall meet.
But that's another blogging tale to tell next time around.


P.S. To those who are linking here, please change the URL to http://commonsensewithmarkk.com. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a blug that will sort itself out. I would not worry too much unless it keeps doing it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Markk,

No worry, you are doing fine and the bugs will settle themselves.

Just updated blogroll at my place as suggested.

Good luck with you new address!


Lazada Malaysia